Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stupid Father's Day

It’s Father’s Day and the father of my children is deployed. I don’t know why I’m so down today. I guess I just miss him and that’s understandable. It's just part of the military life. At least he’ll be home for Christmas, so I have nothing to room to complain... but I will anyway.

Since I was feeling down this Father’s Day, I decided to go out on an adventure with the kids to brighten up our moods. I was already going up to Snellville to feed Shannon’s cats so I decided that Stone Mountain sounded fun! It was crowded and unpleasant so we left. I’m glad I went up there though, because a few things I want to do on a not-so-busy of a day. I still had hope that the day could be fun so I decided to take Lily out for a Chick-fil-A ice cream cone. I went through the drive through and sat there… and then sat there some more. I was probably a whole minute before it dawned on me that Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays! At this point I was completely fed up with the day and ready to go home. I got all the way home when I decided that giving up wasn’t the answer. We then went to the park near our house. I don’t know how I forgot that the pool was right by the playground, but I did. When I drove up there people were laughing, neighbors were walking to the pool, music was playing… they were having a ball! And there I was sitting in my car… not at the pool. I broke down. What pool charges you $800/ entry fee + 450/ pool fee and then 440/ year after that??? It’s seriously crazy! And how do all those Avondale Estates residents afford that? UGH it makes me angry just thinking about it. I was looking so forward to being apart of that stupid pool this year. I had plans to go on a daily basis and finally get some sun and let the kids enjoy their summer. They’re young and actually GET to enjoy their summers! So I gave up and came home angry, depressed, and feeling worse than I did before we left the house. Okay done venting.

1 comment:

Emily Christiansen said...

Sorry, Amy! I know somedays are really hard. That Avondale pool thing makes me really mad! I am mad how much it costs and that is doesn't have single time entry fees and some other things.

I looked up some pools for you. Stone Mountain Aquatic Center (on Rockbridge Road) and Best Friends Park Pool (on Jimmy Carter in Nocross) are single entry $5 for you and $2 for your Lily. There are other pools, too. They are all in Gwinnett, though. Go to this website for the whole list. They all cost the same. http://gwinnettparklife.com/parks/8-great-gwinnett-aquatic-centers-and-pools/