Monday, September 10, 2012

Journaling

I feel bad that I haven't been keeping up with this journal as much as I should be, especially since I'm in a very critical part of my life and goals. I'm still reading the Book of Mormon, when I moved back to Colorado life just got... busy. But I'm so close I can taste it. And then I can do what the Book of Mormon promises. Read and then pray and you will KNOW and have a testimony of Heavenly Father. But my Bishop in NY told me to pray before and after I read each time and that I can have many experiences where I feel the spirit. And I can say that I have... so often. I always thought of God as some distant being that we're all just supposed to believe in and have faith in, but he's not. He can guide us in our everyday life. I pray to him as a friend instead of some distant royal father or something and I feel the spirit constantly, I get answers, I get promises, and I get so much comfort. I can't deny how much he's been there for me when I ask him to be. He has CARRIED me this last year and it has been amazing seeing such a wonderful change in my life and heart and finding that true happiness I've been looking for for so long now. I've had that "might change of heart". I'm just so blessed!! And recently I have asked him to help me with one of my biggest weakness and to help turn it into a strength, and I believe, no I KNOW he's helping me reach that goal. I am just so blessed. I'll let you know how it goes after I finish reading the BOM this week. :):)

No comments: