Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Family

I just want to quickly jot down my feelings of gratitude I have for my family.  I have been so incredibly blessed with parents and sisters who cheer me on, give me the best advice, are the BEST examples, and are my very best friends!  I seriously do not know what I would do without them!  They have seen me at my best and at my very worst and have continually supported me and have just loved me as I love them!

The past few months I have started down a spiral where I had absolutely no motivation or energy.  I was tired all the time and was seriously slacking as a wife, mom, and a general human being.  It was getting bad and everyone around me suffered.

I wanted to change and I prayed constantly for the motivation and drive to do ANYTHING.  It didn't come.  Mostly because I wasn't ready to change.

One day I broke down and vented to my family about how I was watching myself ruining my life, but felt too lazy to stop it.  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't just get my butt up and live!!  I just felt defeated.

My sisters who all could relate at some level decided it was time to do something about it and they figured out a way for us to be accountable to each other everyday to make sure we were taking the steps we needed to be a good wives and moms, live in clean houses, and live positive lives!!  And it is truly working!!  I feel so motivated!  I wake up feeling energized and ready for the day, I am excited to challenge myself and to get stuff done throughout the day, and I spend more time savoring my children's childhoods!  This is truly a life changer for me and I feel so incredibly blessed and happy!!  

This is just a tiny sliver of how much my family rocks, and I don't know why God decided to bless me so fully, but I am sure grateful he did.

My parents, sisters, husband, and kids are gifts in my life that came straight from heaven.  My cup is full.

No comments: