Thursday, December 06, 2007

my family is BEAUTIFUL

Today has started out nicely… very peaceful indeed. My Lily decided to sleep in this morning so NOBODY in our apartment woke up before one pm! It was nice. I woke up first (which NEVER happens) and tried to wake up Lily. I tried to say her name and told her to wake up… she didn’t respond. So I shook her bed she sat up, smiled, and went straight back to sleep! It took probably 4 or 5 tries! She’s definitely my child. Anyway we took a shower and I got her ready, I took all the butterscotch chips out of the “trail” mix I made, and then set up Lily’s new toy that Stacey brought over for me! She did it and got sick :( Anyway Lily was very relaxed today. She didn't cry, she just played with herself, and she was just acting really grown up. Anyway today was really nice!



Anyway Chris has been at FTX for the last 8 days! FTX is them going to a spot on base and pretending that they’re in the field. Chris said that he knew the real thing won’t be anything like this, because all the sergeants are trying to stress them out so they will be prepared for the real thing in IRAQ! It’s been hard without him. Not TOO hard, but more than I thought it would be. I mean I cried here and there. I could just blame it on not taking my medication, but in reality I need him. That scares me so much. I don’t want to NEED anyone. I want to WANT someone. What am I going to do when he gets deployed?… which he will. I’m just so worried! 9 days is as long as a normal vacation. 15 MONTHS is pretty much considered a move. He’s going to move away from me for longer than a year! I just can’t bare the thought of that. I’m supposed to be the strong one. I’m supposed to be the support he needs. Anyway I get to see Chris tomorrow!

3 comments:

Dena said...

I so wish i could be there for you. I have no clue what you are going threw I am so sorry for that. but lease know I am here for you always and whenever you need me all you have to do is dial my number or knock on my door. I will be there for ya.


you are so very luck to be able to sleep in like that I am happy if I sleep untill 8am LOL

Anonymous said...

Lily looks so cute asleep like that. I wish my kids would sleep that long.

Natalie

PS - love the new blog header!

Emily Christiansen said...

I wish I could sleep until one! Here I am awake on a Saturday at 7am. I can't ever get myself to sleep much later than that. I know it sucks being apart from your husband. You will get through. It is awful while he is gone, but when you finally get back together none of it matters. It just makes it that much more wonderful being together. Love you and can't wait to see all y'all in a few weeks.