Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Blanket.

My mom, sister, and brother-in-law made me the most beautiful blanket for my birthday this year. It took them months to make it and a lot of hard work, but I just can't get myself to sleep with it. I'm so connected to this stupid blanket my grandma made me for my wedding. I've washed it a billion times, it's faded, and it's had holes on it; but it's MY blanket. I didn't realize how important it was to me until this trip to my moms. I got this blanket almost 5 years ago and it has been with me, comforting me through some crazy, rough years. It's been spit up on, pooped on, cried on, loved on... it's been through everything. My favorite "Family Time" is just when Chris, me, and all the kids got up on the bed just to play, snuggle, or watch a movie. I loved when all 5 of us would be snuggled up in bed together. Lily and Austin always would get on Chris's back as soon as he laid down, even if he has just laid down to rest right after work before taking off his uniform, they'd be on him in a second! I don't know. Just this blanket holds so many memories. Just the feel of it calms me sometimes. I love it so much.

No comments: