Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Feels like home.

I love going to the temple. I love the spirit there. I crave that feeling and wish I could go more often. But that has not always been the case. When I was younger and in a more rebellious time of my life I went to the temple, unworthily, so my parents wouldn't know that I was making bad choices. I hated the feeling in the temple back then, I felt so uncomfortable and out of place. I did not want to be there at all.

Our church has a program for the youth called EFY (Especially For Youth) where you spend a week going to classes, making friends, doing service projects, and being surrounded by great LDS people. I looked forward to it every year, it was the highlight of my summers! But the very last year I went, again I wasn't living my life right. I hated EFY. I didn't want to be there. I left after one day being there!

After having those experiences it made me think of Heaven. Maybe we won't be begging God to let us stay, maybe if we aren't worthy and living our lives right we'll feel uncomfortable and will WANT to leave. We won't want to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Maybe Jesus will be BEGGING us to use his atonement to not just repent, but to change our hearts and want to stay.

Who knows, all I know is that I will be so excited to meet Heavenly Father and to be in his presence, because I'll live a life where the spiritual feeling I get in the temple or when I wholeheartedly pray will be welcomed!

This whole post is inspired by an amazing talk by Brad Wilcox. " his Grace is Sufficient". :)

2 comments:

sixpickychicks said...

That is interesting that you referred to that talk. Both Jeff and myself listened to it last night. So full or hope and love.

Marti Stringham said...

I love that talk. I found it by accident less than a year after my baptism, when I turned on the TV and it was on the BYU channel and he was partway into the talk. A few words got me and I listened to the whole talk. Later I found when it was going to be rebroadcast and recorded it and saved it so I have the whole thing. You can read it, but I like to listen to him and the way he presents it. It gave a whole new understanding to me for just what the Savior's atonement means for me personally.