Thursday, May 22, 2008

3 months

I'll be 3 months in a couple days, and let me just say that that pregnancy feels like it's in slow motion! I want it to slow down in 2nd trimester when the kicking and cute belly happens, but right now I'm so bored of this whole first part. I don't feel pregnant at all. Not even a little bit. I'm not sick, I am tired (but then again when aren't I?), and everythings just moving along in a very blah way. I kind of miss getting sick. I got super skinny and I felt that things were happening and that I was healthy. So I guess it's a boy. I'm glad I'm okay with the name Chris chose. He's going to be such a cutie!

I'm also worried about Lily. I read her babycenter month to month growth thing and right now she should be able to point to things when I ask her where it is. (where's mommy's nose, where's daddy's mouth, etc.) She just doesn't understand. I point at my nose all throughout the day and tell her it's mommy's nose and then point to hers and say there's Lily's nose... she just seems like her development is slower than normal. I'm trying, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I read books to her, I play games with her, I do little things like that. What is it that all mother's do that I somehow missed out on? She doesn't even say that many words, and I still don't completely think she understands who's mom and who's dad. UGH I'm just stressed! Anyway time to start making dinner :)
We're having meatballs in this really good sauce Karen told me about!
(from the christmas party)
I'm excited to see if I can make it... it seems easy :/


Oh and our phones are still not working! So email me or comment on here if you need anything! I'm pretty much confused wih vontage and our belgacom sucks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, dont stress out to much about that. Dean didn't start talking until he was over 2 years old. Kenzie doesn't really say many words. You have to remember that she walked early and that means she will do some other stuff later. Just keep doing what your doing and dont try to compare her to others. She will develope at her own pace.

Natalie

Emily Christiansen said...

I agree with Natalie. Lily will develop at her own pace. Just keep reading to her and talking to her.

I think once you start having a little baby belly you will feel pregnant.

sixpickychicks said...

Amy get out the fun book with finger games and songs. Play the games with her. This is great for development and fun for both of you. She is wonderful...you need not worry.