Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lily made my heart smile tonight.

Lily couldn’t sleep, she was restless, so I let her come lay in bed with me until she went into a pretty deep sleep and then I’d move her back in to her room. Well she was asleep in my bed when I decided to start cleaning up the little mess Chris made when he came over earlier this evening. So as I was cleaning Lily at some point woke up… but just a little. Enough to look up and make a cute little sound, smile, and then put her head back down. It was the cutest thing ever. Well she did it probably 2 more times so I decided to go lay with her for a few minutes. Just until she was to sleep again. So I picked her up, laid down, and laid her down on my belly. She instantly put her head down to drift off. She NEVER does that. She always has to move. So then as she’s laying there, she lifts her head up to see if I’m still there, smiles, puts her head down, and then falls asleep. It was simply beautiful. I really felt the connection. We understood each other. I don’t know. You can’t understand it until you live it. Motherhood is a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Dena said...

AAAAAAWWWWWW

I just loved those moments

Natalie Putnam said...

Oh CUTE! I love when baby's do that. Kenzie was the same way the other night.