Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Update #4 - 6:25 am


This is Amy's mom. I am taking over the update duty....


Amy has been having steady contractions on her own all night. They came in about 15 minutes ago and checked her. She is not really progressing...which is actually what they wanted to have happen. They have started her on pitocin. They are doing this at 1/2 the normal beginning dose. The reason is that they want all the doctors that need to be ready for baby Austin to be on duty. They don't want a surprise. I think Amy would like a surprise though. It has been a long night. I just sent Chris home to take a short nap. He has been awake all night with Amy. This room is amazing. It is bigger than my master bedroom. Babies are born in luxury these days... unlike the cold hosital green rooms that my babies were born in.

No comments: