Monday, April 30, 2012

Made it.

I don't know if it's because Austin was near so my emotions were extra sensitive or what, but the last couple days were so much harder than usual.  I know he was on my mind a lot, but he always is and it usually isn't THAT difficult.  But I made it through his one year.  I still cannot believe it's been a whole year.  This year has brought so much change and growth in my life and I have that sweet little boy to thank.  I just can't believe I was able to spend his one year in the temple.  A year ago I would have NEVER thought I'd be worthy within a year!  It was so peaceful there.  It's so neat sitting in a place that is so clean and the spirit just is always present!  I'm so grateful to my baby and can't wait to see his sweet face again one day.  I have come to peace with him being gone and that he has work he's doing on the other side.  I really believe he's still a huge part of our day to day life even if I can't see him.  Some days are obviously harder than others, and I'll never fully be okay with it all, but I know that the strength of our family and the love and appreciation we have have for each other is so much stronger now that we've dealt with loss in such a horrible, heartbreaking way.  We know how important family is and will never take it for granted.  I just miss my boy and can't wait for our family to be together forever.

1 comment:

shaina said...

I'm glad you were able to feel him so close to you on this day, and that you and your family got to spend time in the temple. I'm proud of all the growth that has happened to you in the past year. You are an inspiration to me.