Monday, February 06, 2012

Flicker.

Today was a wonderful, wonderful day.  At church today I took the Sacrament for the first time since I was probably 14 and the Spirit was in that room with me.  During the song we sing beforehand, every word touched my soul and during the prayer, every word also touched my soul, and when I took the bread and water, I felt... better.  I don't know how else to explain it.  Everyone else in that room are in different places spiritually, but I felt like this week was for me.  It was wonderful.

Then tonight as I read the Scriptures and prayed I had my first experience where I KNEW what I was reading was true and that the Spirit is with me.  It was like a burning, peaceful feeling.  A really happy one where you just want to smile and tell everyone in the whole world that God is love.  He has waited so long for me to find my way and to repent and now that I have, I can enjoy FEELING his love.  It's the most amazing happiness there is and I never want it to go away.

I hope as I read on, this feeling will stay with me and will open doors to revelation of my own.  I also would love if everyone in the whole world could feel this so we could all rejoice together!  It's definitely a feeling I want to share with everyone.  The Book Of Mormon is true and so is the Bible.  No one can convince me otherwise anymore, because those books are both of God.  Can't wait to read on tomorrow.

I'm still smiling.

No comments: