Sunday, March 09, 2008

bowling, dancing, and having fun!

This weekend was perfect!

Friday night I had the Hill’s over and I made dinner for them. It was delicious! Then we went bowling. It was Lily’s first time and it was really fun, because we played it like horse in basketball. Tana would make up a way to roll the ball up there and we all had to copy. Then it was my turn, Chris’s turn, so on. It was a lot of fun! Then Lily decided it was time to go, so we went back to my place and watched a movie.



Saturday Tana and I went to the tanning bed (which did me no good), and to the PX. We ate at burger king, which I LOVED! Then that night Lily had a babysitter and the Hill’s, the Brauns, and we went to a little country bar in Leuven, Belgium. It was SO MUCH FUN! It was called Footloose and it was all decorated with American flags. We all gave them a dollar with our names and the state we’re from and they hung it up in the bar. We lined danced and just had a ton of fun! The girls invited me to join the Pokeno group, which is a group of wives (mostly officer wives) that get together and play bingo with cards pretty much. All the woman are going out to eat Monday for lunch so that should be fun! I love everyone I’ve met here so far!

Sunday nothing really has happened yet except I woke up to Chris making pancakes for Lily and me. It was cute because he made really little ones for Lily! He is such a good dad! Lily wouldn’t drink her milk from her sippy cup the doctor told us we need to give her more whole milk so Chris put it in a real cup and put a straw in it for her. She really liked it! He turned her cartoons on for her while making breakfast! He’s just so great!

Oh and I got to talking to Tricia Braun at the bar and she is 28 with two kids. She had her first kid at 18 too! Her husband and her are so happy and I think that’s how Chris and I will be! They are also retiring. Not many people choose to retire from the army for some reason. I sure want to! Anyway we will probably chill out at home today, watch 24 (I got at the library), eat the BEST ICECREAM EVER, Belgian chocolate from Häagen-Dazs. And relax before another week of work starting tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Unfortunately I caught the flu this weekend, so I have spent the whole time in bed. I am so happy you have made so many friends and that Chris and you are loving Belgium. I miss you tons!

Em

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. You all do way to much out there in that other country. You need to just sit at home and do nothing like the rest of us.

I am going to try and post our bowling pictures sometime this week. My computer is being stupid so I have to fix it first before I can do it.

Natalie