Saturday, March 22, 2008

mom's coming soon!!

I’ve just become a member of the FRG (family readiness group) on base. It’s a group that does fundraisers, events, and keeps the military families active and together. So Thurs. evening I went to my first FRG meeting. It was also a family pot luck. They provided the ham so we were all assigned to bring a side dish or a dessert. I brought a “better than sex” trifle! It was a HIT! I got compliments everywhere I turned! Anyway here’s pictures of my trifle and lucky Lily licking the spoon!










Here's Lily all dressed up for the meeting!






Okay well AAFES which is a military store out here accidentally got some furniture sent to them that wasn’t expected. So The AAFES out here had a HUGE furniture sale. Everything was 50% of or more! Well if you came the next day (Friday), you’d get an EXTRA 25% off! Well OF COURSE we came the next day. Well we found the couches we like took them up to buy them and it turns out we got an EXTRA 25% off the last 25% off! So basically we got all this furniture for next to nothing! Even if we decide we don’t like it we can sell it when we leave and probably MAKE money off of them!!

Plus since we bought it through AAFES no tax or shipping was charged!






this love seat was $150
couch $220
Chris's Recliner $250
and lastly Lily and I have HORRIBLE colds! We are coughing like crazy, runny noses, itchy throats, weak.
DEATH!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Ams. You got a steal on your couches. You're BTS cake looked really good. I haven't made that in a long time. Sorry you are sick! I hope y'all get better soon. I am so jealous mom is coming to visit you. Maybe when I have children mom will make plans for a special visit to see me :).

Emily

Anonymous said...

That dessert looks really good. Come fly to GA and make me one. Also, great find on the couches.

Lily looks so cute. Her hair is getting so long. I just love it.

Natalie