Thursday, March 05, 2009

Little Man of the house-302


This is a picture of Austin laying on Chris’s side of the bed, because soon Austin will be the man of the house for awhile. Often when Lily and Austin are hanging out in the bed with Chris and me I get this overwhelming feeling of love for my family and wonder how people go through life without this kind of love. I just love those moments when Chris is playing with Lily, and Austin and me are snuggling, or when we are all snuggled up in bed watching Beauty and The Beast. It really is an overwhelming feeling… the love I have for my family is stronger than any feeling I have ever felt. Well last night we had one of those moments. Lily was in the mood to snuggle which never happens, so she was giving Chris, Austin, and me hugs, kisses, and loves all night. Austin was just staring at her like she was the most important person in his life, and Chris and I were enjoying every second of it. Then I touched Chris’s arm and then I had the saddest feeling that soon it won’t be the whole family together. The family won’t be whole for 6 months. It was a horrible feeling. I know I’ll have wonderful moment with the kids, but I love it when it’s the whole family spending time together. I don’t know. I guess I’m just going to miss him. I can’t believe when he gets back Austin will be SO OLD! He may be standing up and everything. Chris is going to miss those months in the first year of Austin’s life and I hate that! I know it’s his job, and I support him and the army, but I know this is going to be the hardest 6 months of my life so far.

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

I understand the anxiety of Chris leaving. It is horrible! I barely survived being apart from Ly for that year, and we were not even married. I hope the 6 months go by quickly!

This photo of Austin is unbelievable. You are getting so good. I love that you explore black and white. It is something Nat and Jess really haven't done much of.

Natalie Putnam said...

Amy, I am so happy that you have such a wonderful family. I just hope that Chris will be home soon and that it wont be to hard on either of you. You can come hang out with me!