Thursday, February 07, 2008

I need your advise


I think I'm going to a little bit of our bonus and start saving up for top of a line camera (some lenses, flashes, etc.) I don't know... really ANYTHING about photography, but I do enjoy it and I really want it to be my main hobby so I can have great pictures of my family and life taken my yours truly. I don't want to get into it with the mind set of going into as a career, because it seems like everyone in the world is doing that. But i do enjoy it, and I would like to get better at it. So I want some advise on cameras (professional ones) I should get. I want it to be digital, I want to be about to change out my lenses, things like that. I was looking at my friend's camera and want to know if it's one I should look at with my desires or if there another one more for me. Hers is a Nikon D80. Any advise?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I think this is a great idea!!! You obviously have interest in photography, so why not pursue it. Some advise would be: While you are saving for your dream camera get some basic books on photography so you can learn things like what an f-stop is and how to use it, etc. Also, start researching photographers you like and look at their style. See the angles they shoot from. You could also sign up for a community digital photogrpahy class probably on the base. Just a few ideas to learn photography so you can get better at it. When you do buy your camera, READ THE MANUAL and practice the things it teaches you. Knowing how to use your camera is a big part of taking good pictures. Think about investing in a light meter. It helps you set the right f-stop and shutter speed to get the best exposure. Eventually you will be able to do it without a light meter, but it helps at first while you are learning.

Em

Anonymous said...

All I say is do alot of research before buying and find something that feels good when you hold it. I love my canon, but I know a lot of people who love nikons.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me, Natalie!

Now come and leave me some comments on my blog:)

Anonymous said...

I have a Nikon D70 and it takes great photos. My cousin recently bought a D50 and she loves it. Be aware that any SLR is a big camera and not something you can carry around in your purse...suitcase maybe! I think you've been taking great photos anyway!
Karen