Sunday, February 10, 2008

MORE than ready for Belgium!

"I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they are right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"...
my mom's
HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS



My mom made one of my favorite meals special for me. The missionarys came that night.
Basically my meal was ruined. I didn't get to sit around the table with just my family, I decided I didn't want to be apart of the visit so I waited till they left to eat, then I went down to find the food all cold, nasty, or gone.


I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.my fault... but still.


** after the YEARS of Nat and me getting mad at mom for invited them when we come, she NEVER seems to get it. I leave her FRIDAY! And she invited them over regardless.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! I really dont like when missionaries crash our partys. But I guess someone has to feed them. Sorry you didn't get any of your dinner. Maybe you can make it for Chris when you see him!

Natalie

Anonymous said...

moms mom...you just have to expect it! Ask mom to make them during this week again, I wouldn't mind having them again!

Emily Christiansen said...

I think feeding missionaries is mom's way of creating good karma. If she takes care of someone elses children, maybe she hopes someone will watch out for us when she isn't close. Don't let missionaries get to you. They are just 19 year old boys living far from their families just trying to do what is right. In a way it is similar to what Chris is doing. Mom will definately make you Hawaiian haystacks again! I am so sad you are going to Belgium. I know we don't live close, but at least when you are in the states it feels like we can see each other when ever I want if I need to. In Europe you feel too far away. I am anxious for these three years to be over and for you to come home!