Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Insomnia



Why is it that I can't sleep at night? Right now my eyes are dropping my body is weak and I am SOO TIRED!! But I felt this same way at 11! It's not almost 2AM!!! It's because although my body is exhausted from a long, busy day... my mind is just starting to race. I mean I lay there with sleep in mind, then I start thinking of ways to get to sleep, and the all the sudden I'm thinking these deep thoughts until I realize it's been HOURS!! It's horrible. I finally am back on a schedule, but my mind is keeping me from keep up with it!! UGH!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read a book!

-Mom

Emily Christiansen said...

I do the same thing sometimes. It sucks! Lyle trained himself to fall asleep listening to Harry Potter. The second he turns it on his body knows it is time to go to sleep. My friend, Becca, does the same thing except she watched the movie Clue and puts it on a timer and it puts her right to sleep. Maybe you should do something similar to keep yourself on a schedule. Every night when you go to bed turn on the same movie or CD and maybe it will train your body to go to sleep. A book always helps, also. It makes you stop thinking too much... good advice, mom! I just have to turn on the TV and close my eyes and listen to it. It always puts me asleep fast. I have an episode of Planet Earth on my tivo which puts me to sleep the fastest. The narrators voice is very soothing combined with nature sounds.

Anonymous said...

well my dear. This is what I think youare in a new country and a new time zone. you body needs time to adjust to it. May I sugjest try an over the counter sleeping pill. I do not sleep well and they help me alot. Also try reading some. But the thing that helps me the best you need to have some you wind down time befor bed. be it reading watching a movie or doing yoga good luck to you