Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Dragon

I have a friend in greenpark who is Korean. She is becoming one of my favorite people out here. She has such a different life than me. She was born into a hardcore old fashion Korean family. So for example, when her husband gets home from work he sits and the table and she sets all the food in front of him. Then he eats what he pleases. Once full, he goes to rest, while the rest of the family eats their dinner. But because of this respect they have, their marriage seems to be wonderful! I wouldn't be able to take that, but then again I'm not old fashion Korean. Well Kim and Chris had a big barbeque this last weekend, and we got to talking about dreams to find out the babies sex (she is pregnant too). I didn’t really catch on to all of that, but then she asked me my Chinese zodiac. I told her I was born in 1988 and she was so surprised. She was born in 1976… and every 12 years the zodiacs repeat themselves. So since we are 12 years apart, we are both Dragons.

Dragons are supposedly leaders, and mysterious. Every Chinese parent hopes for a dragon. They’re powerful and can change a mood in a room. Anyway I think that’s cool that we are both Dragons! It’s weird to think that she’s 12 years older than me though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are all doing well. Lily always seems so happy and smiling. Can't believe how much she has grown. Glad to hear #2 is a boy, you will have a set. Chris appears to be doing great on his own and managing to be a good person to his family. I'm really proud of him for both stepping up to that role and his service to our country. It is also good that you are standing with him as you both sort of jumped into the frying pan of life and it's tribulations. Looking forward to seeing you all again and my new grandson. Enjoy life and this experience as you will have something to look back at the good times as the future takes you down new adventure paths.
Later
Steve