Saturday, July 19, 2008

the kids room


I was thinking of using this (but in twin size) for Lily’s bed. I thought it was girlie and really cute! But since Lily and Aussie are sharing a room I want him to have a similar look to his crib set. So I was thinking maybe using the same zebra fabric and blue for the crib… and the zebra curtains! Then in black have their names displayed above their own beds! The zebra print would be the main factor to tie both pink and blue together! ANYWAY if you’re really good at sewing, want a little extra cash (I’ll pay what I would pay at Babies R Us plus some, because it’s specially done), and already have experience making baby bedding (jess)… let me know if you’re up to doing a sewing project. If so I’ll buy the zebra fabric (from the curtain, sheets, or something) and the blue fabric. If you’re not up to it then I’ll just think of something else… no biggie!

What do yall think of this idea?
Because the walls are so PLAIN I thought the zebra print and the colors would spice it up a bit :)

4 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

I think that room idea is really cute! I love the black and white and pink together. I think black and white and blue will look really great, too. I wish I could help you with the sewing, but I have no sewing talent whatsoever. I miss you! I hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Very creative. Sooo cute:)

Anonymous said...

I like this too but you already know I like pink and black! I also like green with pink and black. The zebra stripes definitely pull together the masculine to go with the feminine. Where did you see this comforter set? I didn't see it online at Babies-R-Us. I can't sew but I can use a credit card! Karen

Anonymous said...

I know a place here in Belgium you can take fabric and they will sew what ever you want. Not sure of the cost but we can stop and see sometime if you are up to it!