Wednesday, August 20, 2008

once again

Because of Chris’s tape issues his first sergeant and NCO and have been working out with him extra hard and giving him the chance to decide when to be taped. Well last time when he failed he was 213 pounds or something like that. So he dieted and did everything he could for a couple weeks… I even bought him a coconut cake for motivation. Well yesterday he decided that if he was 205 pounds he would get taped today. Well he was 204 and that was in the middle of the day and right after he ate… so he felt ready. Well today he got taped and, OF COURSE, he failed. They said that HIS NECK shrunk too!!! Chris has a very slim face and neck when he’s in shape… he can’t control that! I feel like there’s no hope for us passing… no matter how small his belly gets, his neck just keeps in the same proportion to it… and the way the army tapes makes it impossible for him to pass. But I know I say this everytime he fails, but Chris is SO GOOD at PT! He never ever falls out on runs, we pushes himself to the end, he even hold the flag during runs, because he’s one of the only ones who has the energy and strength to do it. They should be able to see that he’s loosing weight like a freakin’ anorexic chick! I mean I’ll admit that he was a little overweight when we first got here, because we had just had Christmas with 3 families… so we ate a lot and he didn’t exercise at all. But since we’ve been here he’s gotten himself in gear. I mean we can’t eat half the things I crave, because it’s too tempting to him! I REALLY wanted brownies the other day and it happens to be one of Chris’s favorite desserts. The triple chunk kind… so I had to go make it at my neighbor, LeAnn’s house, so he wouldn’t be able to eat the whole pan like usual. I mean I have to sneak around to satisfy my craving, and it sucks! But I mean what can we do? He can’t ever pass so... it’s just dumb. I’m so over this taping thing. I love the army and support it all the way, but things like this really test my loyalty! Sorry I’m just a little aggravated.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That's unfortunate. They used to kick people out if they didn't pass so many times - do they still do that? I hope not:( I hope he passes it soon so y'all can put this all behind you.

sixpickychicks said...

Amy try "seriou" atkins for 2 weeks and see if he will pass. It is certainly worth the try. Make him eggs for breakfast, ham sandwich rolls for lunch and burgers for dinner. He can even drink chicken broth. Also make the sugar free jello. I know he like the pork rinds. If it is only for 2 weeks I think both of you could put up with it and he might pass. I know it does go off the belly and maybe the throuat won'e catch up as quick.

Emily Christiansen said...

Just keep working at it and being supportive and hopefully he will pass this next time.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I hate the Army they are so dumb about things. u would think that they would realize the situation and let it pass since its not normal circumstances.