Monday, September 08, 2008

home or home?

Last night I stayed up contemplating on whether I should stay here or go home to my parent's house for the rest of the pregnancy. I wish so badly that I could do both, but I really do have to make a choice.

The main reasons I'd like to stay here in Belgium are well I already have a doctor here and I know I'm fully covered, Chris is here and I really want him around for this. Plus if i go out to the states I don't know how long I'll have to stay out there for the surgeries.

The big reasons I want to go back to New York are that I really want to be with my mom during this. She's been through rougher pregnancies than I could even imagine. Plus I have 4 sisters that I miss terribly and I really want to see them. Also during recovery and during Austin's surgeries I'm going to need people to watch Lily. I can't put that kind of burden on my friends here!

Mainly if I stay here I get to have Chris in the picture, but if I go home I get to have my mom.
This is the hardest decision!
No matter what Austin will be taken care of.
I've heard the hospital out here is a good one and Stateside is always a good option too.
So it pretty much comes down to me.

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

Either decision we will support you in. Good luck. I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Em. I would LOVE for you to come to the states. I cant wait to see you and the babies again. But I know Chris needs you there. Also, you just have to do what is best for Austin and your family.

Natalie