Thursday, September 04, 2008

my selfish side...

I just want to bring up a few issues that are on my mind. Quite a few people think that it's best if I go to the states to deliver Austin. Well I see their point, but there are SO MANY reasons why I think staying here is best.

First off, if i go to the states than I'm going to have to go to Fort Drum to see a doctor and they're military trained doctors. The doctors out here are not military so they're better trained. I mean I COULD go off post in the states, but Tricare wouldn't fully cover all the expenses... and I have a feeling this is going to get expensive!

Also I've heard that Belgium has some of the best healthcare in the world, and could very possibly be more advanced than the states. But I'm still researching on that.

I know this part is selfish and if going to the states is for the best than I screw this, but I REALLY, REALLY want Chris to be here for this pregnancy and birth. He wasn't there for Lily and he wasn't in the room for her birth, and my guess is that any other kids we might have will probably be born while he's deployed. This is the only time he's guaranteed to be there! Plus being in the states sounds fun for a visit, but not having any friends or social life will get old fast! Plus I was REALLY looking forward to having a baby shower! UGH! This part is SO SELFISH! But this is my blog so I'll be as open as I want!

Another thing is that Chris was talking to his commander today and he said that it is possible that because of Austin's situation that we may be PCSing out of Belgium really soon if the help he needs isn't here. I REALLY hope that we can find the right help here! I'm not ready to leave Belgium! I mean I'm finally making friends, I love how Chris can't get deployed here, I love how relaxed it is here, I love our four day weekends every month, and Chris is doing SO WELL here! Plus I don't think I've had my fill of Europe yet! I haven't traveled as much as I want to before I go! I just hope that the right healthcare is available for him in Belgium so we don't have to go yet. I mean I get homesick for the states, but I know that a few weeks will be long enough to get satisfied and then I want to come back home.

No matter what though, in the end, Austin comes first. If he will do better in the states and we need to move then so be it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't come to that.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sure you will have a better idea of what you feel comfortable with after Monday's appointment. I don't blame you for wanting Chris there and that's not selfish of you at all! You are very blessed to be in a position to have him with you for Austin's birth.

Dena said...

Hey Amy I feel that you need to to what you feel is best for you and you family. All I know so far from what I have heard medical care there is good. Here they do not require the 3-d ultrasound and if you were here you would not know what is going on with Aussie this early.

Now here is me being selfish I would LOVE to have you guys closer. But I know that will not happen.

You have began to make a great life there. You have friends that you care about and care about you.

Emily Christiansen said...

Do whatever is best for you...but we'll miss you so much this Christmas.