Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh Atlanta

If you live in Georgia and you’re either family or friends of mine, you’re probably wondering why I haven’t called or anything yet. Well I am here now and I’m safe, but really I might as well not be here yet. My goal for this week is strictly work. They didn’t have room for us in military housing so this week I need to find our new place, get an appointment with my primary doctor, get a referral to an obgyn, and then figure out who will be Austin’s surgeon. Also the only phone I have right now is my sisters and I hate asking for it. Besides I have no car at all and either does my sister for the most part, so I couldn’t come see anyone anyway. After I get all this stuff done, I’m going up to New York until Chris comes out.

Once he’s here we’ll have a place to stay, we’ll be able to rent a car, and we’ll be more capable of seeing everyone! I think he’ll be here October 22nd. It all depends on his orders though.

I took the MARTA to the base the other day and signed up for Tricare South, ACS, and went to check on the housing list. I’ll tell you one thing GEORGIA IS HOT!!! I was sweating like crazy walking around that base! I brought mostly winter/ fall things, because in Belgium it’s getting cold. I forgot that it doesn’t get cold till way later out here! Also I was SO excited to get away from GA allergies and now I’m dying once again! Seriously, I wish I could rip my face off! My throat is itchy, my nose is running, I sneeze constantly, my teeth feel extra weak. I just feel so BLAH!

Also Lily and I are still having a hard time with jetlag (sp?). We’ve managed to get it so we wake up around 8am and go to bed around 9 or 10. But I WISH we could go to bed at like 5. I feel tired all day and so does Lily. This is a really hard adjustment.

I found two townhouses for rent that I’m going to look at this week. I hope they’re nice and SAFE! One’s in Avondale Estates… less than a mile from the Marta, and one’s in Stone mountain (but in a Decatur area code) right on memorial Dr. It’s about 12 minutes for the Marta. The one in Stone Mountain is a little cheaper rent. I REALLY hate this pay cut we’re taking by moving here. We’re going to lose our COLA and our free housing… EVERYTHING! I really hate it! But Austin is so worth it… plus we’re still a young married couple. We should be struggling more than we do. It’s a part of marriage!

Anyway friends and family in Georgia… I’ll come see you guys in October! We’ll be LIVING here so there’s no big rush and I HAVE to get some things done!

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

If you need me to help you look for housing on the internet, let me know. Why aren't you looking closer to the base, like Douglasville? Does the base not have any type of off base housing?

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ehhh this is disappointing.
BUT... I know you have to get this stuff done. I guess I'll see ya when I see ya. :(

-Shel