Monday, September 01, 2008

Update on Austin's heart

I had my appointment today and it didn't help my worrying at all! Austin has something called Tetralogy of Fallot. It basically means that his heart has four pieces that didn't come together correctly. My doctor said it's not fatal or anything, but he'll have to have two surgeries after he's born to correct it But she said that's all they know as of right now... so basically they don't know how serious it is. But on Monday I'm going to some special doctor in Brussels to get it checked out, and today they took this long stick and poked it into my belly and took out amniotic fluid (amniocentesis) to check the baby's chromsomes for any kind of down syndrome or any other problems, because since he has this heart problem it's more possible for him to have other problems. But basically I'm on bed rest for the next couple days. I keep having the contractions and it's freaking me out. And Austin is being EXTRA active. I know it's because he's not used to what happened, but it still scares me. I wish I knew more. And I wish I would stop having the braxton hicks, because they're getting me all worried!

I love that Chris is taking care of me though! He hasn't made me move a muscle since we got home! I can tell that he's a little worried too. I broke down and cried to him in the car, because it was just too much to handle... and he just was very supportive and caring. I love him so much!

Thank you guys for all yalls support and concern. I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as I can!

6 comments:

Dena said...

Hey Amy well I just do not k now what to say of course I Hope everything comes back fine and the docs there can fix little Aussie's heart. Hope was born with a heart problem and did not find out untill she was born I am glad the docs there require the 3d ultrasound and you have time to prepare yourself I know bed rest sucks but you have a great husband to care for you!!!

Tonya Williams said...

Amy I know you are strong enough to pull through this! You just have to stay positive and keep stress down to a minimum (easier said than done.) But it will be best for you and little Austin in the end! I'm here for anything you possibly need! I love ya girlie!! Kisses to you and my Lillyburger!

jae said...

Hi Amy. I am so sorry you have so much worrying to do. It must be horrible. We will keep your family in our prayers. We would send you some hugs but postage overseas is so expensive. Will you accept some via email? We love you. Chris, Jae &fam.

Hayley McCoy said...

Amy im so sorry to hear about Austin! I know everything will be ok. If you need to talk to anyone just let me know!! love you!

Jaden said...

Hi Amy - I love Jae's comment. :)

Anyways, I'll be honest. I don't know what to say, except that the whole family loves and cares about your family, and we will do whatever we can to help you out. Make sure to lean on us and ask us for help when you need it! :)

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I came across your blog online and wanted to say hello and offer a little hope. I am in the US and was born with Tetralogy of Fallot 37 years ago today! I am happy to report that I am having a wonderful, "normal" life and I am sure your little bundle will as well.
Thinking of you and keeping your family in my prayers.

Heart hugs from the U.S.,
Lauren :)