Friday, February 06, 2009

a healthy lifestyle- 329


For the last little while I’ve been giving Lily instant Oatmeal for breakfast every morning. She’s loved it. I have enjoyed this healthy lifestyle so much that today I began her healthy lunches. When we went to the pediatrician last week the doctor said that all these new studies have said that kids shouldn’t eat too much meat anymore… and fruits and vegetables should be a child’s main food. I think she was a crazy vegetarian, because she kept on telling us to feed her tofu instead of meat, but anyway I do think that fruits and vegetables should be a big part of her diet. So today I gave her plate full of fruit and she ate EVERYTHING! She started out with the bananas, then the Clementine, followed by the grapes, and finished with the apple slices. I can’t believe how much she loved it. I then gave her some yogurt which she also devoured. So atleast twice a week now I want to give her fruit and yogurt for lunch.

I love how whenever I want to do anything… go out with friends, do some shopping, sleep in, etc. and he’s home from work he is always willing to watch the kids for me. I guess he knows that I spend all day every day with them. I love it to death, but everyone needs a little alone time now and then. He always gives me as much alone time as I need. He’s wonderful!

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

Ok. I just did a really long comment and it didnt post.

Anyways. I love the picture. It is gorgeous. You are getting so good with the camera!!!

And, I think it is really cool that you are feeding Lily such good foods. I need to start doing the same with my kids.

Emily Christiansen said...

I think it is great you are starting to feed Lily healthy food. It is never to early to start good habits. Great photo!

Emily Christiansen said...

I think it is great you are starting to feed Lily healthy food. It is never to early to start good habits. Great photo!