Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Bug

Okay guys I have to tell you this, because it was seriously horrifying. I’m still freaking out! Early while I was making dinner I heard Lily start squealing and laughing and since Austin was in there with her I knew she was up to no good. So I went and checked on them and found my precious, adorable little girl PLAYING with a bug. This wasn’t a normal bug… it looked like an ant but like 100 times bigger. IT WAS HUGE! Now you need to know something about me… I’m extremely afraid of bugs. Not like the normal girl… I’m terrified of them. I think I have a serious phobia. So my body completely tensed up and I just reacted. I grabbed Lily and threw her on the couch, got a piece of trash and threw it on him, put a huge book on top of that, got my shoes on and jumped all over the book. Yes, I had to have three layers between me and the bug I was killing. So I jump for a good while, because I DO NOT want this horrendous bug to survive and then I take the book off. I go to pick up the piece of trash, but my body got this weird feeling of disgust and I couldn’t do it. I just let the trash sit there. I got Lily’s plate ready for dinner, sat her down, and then went back to the crime scene. I had to do it. If I didn’t Lily would and I couldn’t let that happen. So I got up the nerve and just picked it up really fast. There is was. The bug just sitting there, and then all the sudden it starting walking around again! IT WAS A BEAST! So I freaked out and covered it again jumped even harder, and longer. There was no way that think could still be alive. So I got the nerve to check and that giant thing was still at it. I decided enough was enough so I got the secret weapon out… RAID! I was not going to lose this war! So there I was against this terrible creature and I was losing. It was time to turn things around so I shot him upside the head with like the whole can of raid. He could swim in it… you know… if he lived that long. So I sprayed and sprayed and that monster kept on going. He wasn’t about to give up. He was slowing down and I kept raiding his butt up. Finally he stopped and crawled into a ball and just sat there in agony. I kind of felt bad for the little guy. But he moved and moved for probably 10 minutes. Then I just had this weird fear that he was going to get up and run onto me so I just attacked him one last time with more raid than ever and he went. I hope he went somewhere peaceful, because he died one miserable death. But hey if he didn’t try to be so freaking strong maybe his death would have been a little nicer. Anyway that’s why I need Chris here. I don’t do bugs. I can’t handle them. They’re too scary. There’s my story… enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! It sounds like me when I sprayed the crap out of that spider with 409 bleach. He too swam in it. I watched him tense up, curl his legs and stretch them, and then slowly try to drag himself out of the puddle. It was so sick because he was making a sad little trail so I sprayed him some more. I felt bad for him. He also died a painful death. I imagined him burning. Anyway, I feel your pain. Bugs are gross.

-Shel

Natalie Putnam said...

I feel the same way. I am lucky because Dean is old enough to deal with the bugs.

Emily Christiansen said...

Man, Amy... maybe you should have just told Lily to take it outside :) You are going to have a long summer. Georgia has the nastiest bugs! I don't like them either.

Shan31772 said...

You are hilarious!

Karen said...

Now that was funny! Get on the internet and find an exterminator. We were with Cook's and I think paid around $30 a month but they only did the outside so I changed companies and they come every 90 days and do both inside and out. Steve used to do it but he's a slacker and would wait until I saw bugs before he sprayed. I'm like you, do not like them at all!