Saturday, May 09, 2009

"Daddy outside?"

My heart just broke into a billion pieces. I was sitting on the bed playing with Aus and Bug and Lily was pointing out our eyes, ears, nose, etc. Then she did all of our hair. She said, “mommy, Daddy, Austin”… she did herself when she said Daddy. Then she look at me and kept saying daddy and looking around. Then she said, “Daddy outside?” and repeated that while looking out the window. She was looking for him and she thinks he’s coming back soon. She’s going to miss him so much. Austin won’t even remember him. All the sudden I feel like crap.

2 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I am sorry amy. Just tell her where he is and let her look at pictures of him. Maybe we should make a Daddy picture book for her to look at when she wants to see him.

Emily Christiansen said...

I agree with Nat. Just keep telling Lily and Austin where he is and what he is doing and maybe do some kind of countdown for her so she know how soon he will be coming home.