Saturday, May 09, 2009

Today is done.

First day without Chris and I am exhausted! Lily walks all over me and only listens to her daddy, but that HAS to change. If I can’t get her to listen to me this will be a LONG deployment. I’m trying to get this house clean, and TRY to keep it clean. Today I cleaned the main floor (except Lily’s room). I’m about to put Lily to bed, get a nice bottle of cold water, pop me some kettle corn, and turn on a movie. I need to relax! I know I’ll get into a routine and days will start to seem shorter and easier, but today just seemed long and vigorous. Maybe I’ll skip the movie and just go to sleep.

Btw, Project 365 is over… I know I didn’t make it. I’m just too busy this year. I’ll still try to take daily pictures for fun when I find the time, but no more of this daily task added to my work load.

I don’t know how moms do it! I swear all mom are on meth or something! There are these moms who have VERY smart kids, because they spend the day teaching them, their house is always spotless, they have their kids in every extra curricular activity out there where they volunteer to be the driver, and they go on all the field trips, are the school room mom, and still seem to have time to go to the movies or relax.

How do those people survive? I have a hard time chasing after my two year old and giving my son enough attention. I try, but I’m not very good at maintaining a clean house, I only have Lily in gymnastics and that seems like a lot, and I always feel overwhelmed with the million billion appointments I have every week. I try to teach Lily thing ALL THE TIME and she just can’t grasp anything I teach her. To top it off it’s almost time to start potty training!
-how will I be when my kids are in school??

Maybe I’m not the mom I thought I’d be.

{what's with these long posts?! I'm just extra emotional right now.}

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

Amy, you are a great Mom. Just take things one day at a time. Dont stress out because your house isnt clean, or because Lily wont listen. Just do the best you can. Thats all I do, and that is why my kids love TV so much. It is terrible, but I need that alone time. Just do what you can.

I wish you had a phone so I could call you. I may come over today to see you and the kids.

Nat

Karen said...

I wonder how moms do so much these days myself! I don't really think it's about the "quantity" of things you do but more about the "quality" of time you spend with your children that count.

Emily Christiansen said...

I think you are a rockin mom! I can't keep up with all my own stuff, let alone try and add in kid's stuff. I think you are so great to get Lily involved despite being so busy with Austin.