Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Love You Mom

I’m going to be like Natalie and list some reasons my mom is and always will be my hero.
Since she has been my mom for 20 years I wrote 20 things I love about her.
My list was way too long before.

She is my BIGGEST fan and my best friend.
She is always bringing me up telling me that I’m talented, witty, and fun. She is always there for me when I need to vent or just cry. She doesn’t judge me and she is always there to help (unless the missionaries are around).
She stuck by me through some pretty rough years full of emotions.
When I used to not wake up for school she would pick me up and PUT me in the shower in the morning and feed me breakfast… and she would drive (or walk) me to school when I missed the bus.
Like Natalie said… She got me through school {well almost :)} she read me books and helped write book reports, she did homework for me, she helped me study, she pretty much did school for me.
She didn’t yell at me when I ran away.
She did EVERYTHING around the house… even the man jobs (fixing the mailbox, driveway, shower, mowing the lawn, etc.)
She was the BEST cook ever! And she cooked almost every night.
She forced us to have dinner as a family.
She always made holidays special. She made us look forward to them!
She let me snuggle with her… even now I can go lie in her bed and snuggle up to her!
She made me afternoon snacks.
She made my birthdays really special. Made mt favorite meals, did my housework, took me out to lunch, etc.
She didn’t make me get a job in High School so I could enjoy it.
She is the best shopper out there… especially when it comes to travel.
She made my older sister’s play with me.
She helped me decorate my room how I wanted it.
She loves other so much and would give anyone the shirt off her back. She does more service than anyone I know.
She has helped out of financial issues many times.
Whenever I got a dollar she’d take me to dollar tree to spend it.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOM... FOREVER AND EVER.
Also I'd like to give a couple "shout outs"

Shelbey is the most amazing person ever. She just showed up at my house this morning and took The kids and me out to breakfast for Mother's Day. She is always thinking of me and I don't deserve her as a best friend.

Natalie is such a great sister! I loved this post! She such a sweet girl and i love her! I'm sorry i wasn't home when she stopped by.
And as for me.
It's Mother's Day and I'm going to eat some Dove chocolates with Lily.


1 comment:

Natalie Putnam said...

Mom rocks!!! I love your list. It is all so true.

I especially loved this one - "She made my older sister’s play with me." It made me laugh!