Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day 2009


I’ve noticed I blog more often when Chris is gone.  I guess there’s more on my mind.  Anyway today was actually very pleasant.  Better than I expected… way better.  I can get by with a little help from my family and friends.  I got two visitors today!  Shelbey came over when I was still asleep to take me out to breakfast.  We went to IHOP and it was delicious!  She is so amazing!  Then we went over to her house.  Shannon hadn’t seen my kids in awhile and I love going over there.  It’s just so relaxing in their house.  We spent most of the time in their backyard.  IT WAS SO SUNNY TODAY!  I loved it!  Lily had a blast playing in their large backyard.  I can’t wait to have a nice big yard.  She plays on the big deck, but it’s just not the same.  Then it was time for the kids to go home for their afternoon naps.  When I got home I checked my blog and Natalie had made a really sweet blog for me.  It definitely put a smile on my face :).  Later on she surprised me with a visit.  I got to call my mom with her phone and that was nice.  Nat and me chatted up the afternoon.  Then she went home to prepare dinner for her family.  I decided to watch a movie.  I really wasn’t in the mood for some cartoon Disney movie, but I wanted Lily and Austin to watch a movie with me.  So I turned on the old movie, “Secret Garden”… worth a try right?  Well Lily seemed to love it!  She just snuggled up to me and watched the whole thing!  Austin watched it too!  They were awesome!  Lily and I also enjoyed some delicious Dove Chocolates… yes I treated myself.  All in all it was a wonderful Mother’s day.  The only downside was that I didn’t get to talk to Chris.  But hey it’s mother’s day… not wives day!  I do miss him though. 
I loved Mother’s Day 2009! 
P.S.- Where in the world has Emily gone? 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry your husbands gone. bummer! but I am glad you still had a good day. My husband works very crappy hours and is never home. I usually put my daughter to bed and do contests cause i get so bored. I have always thought I had the worst luck but I have been winning lately so I get excited and want to keep entering. I feel like the contests i really want I never win. I really wanted this flat iron since mine broke and there were only about 170 comments from other people and i tweeted about 40 times a day till the contest was over and I still didn't win so i had like 600 entries and lost. Pathetic i know but i needed it bad. so i feel like i win but i don't win the things i really need. I don't have a secret I just usually don't like to be the first commenter. and like to be withing the first 100 comments if i'ts a big contests. Your family is so beautiful.

Natalie Putnam said...

I am glad you had a good mothers day. It was nice to come over to the house. Maybe next time I will bring the kids so they can all play. Last night kenzie kept telling us that she "loves Amys house" She said it like 100 times.

Anyway, remember to email me with the dentist info!

Emily Christiansen said...

I am here... I had a CRAZY work week last week and it has taken until now to recover. I am glad Shelbey and Nat did stuff with you Sunday. IHOP is yummy!

sixpickychicks said...

I had one of my best Mothers Days ever...thanks for being apart of it.