Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This army life of mine.

You know, people say that being an army wife must suck, and they couldn’t handle it. Well the truth is, even though I haven’t had to experience it much yet, being an army wife is tough. Your husband is gone a lot of the time; you have to be strong for him, yourself, and your kids. I’m not going to lie and say that it is easy. But the thing about the army is… it’s not a job. Yes, that’s where we get our income, but it just doesn’t seem like a job to me. It’s more like a lifestyle. We’re in one big exclusive club. It doesn’t matter where I am; if I meet an army wife at random we already have a million things to talk about. All these wives come together and support one another. It’s actually pretty amazing. I’m so glad Chris and I decided to enter the army… we would have never known otherwise that this awesome world exists. I mean I can have friends who range from 17 to 60 or even older, because we have our lifestyle in common. Yes, some have had it harder than others, but those who have it rough help the newbies like me get through it. We all are holding hands in this. Chris and I used to try to get people to join so we could get a pay bonus, but we decided it’s not worth it. Yeah we get a couple thousand for talking this guy into joining, but then we have this guy in our group that doesn’t want to be there. That’s the worst kind of soldier if you ask me. But anyway I’m getting off point. I know you guys feel bad that I’m all alone here with two kids for a long time and yes, it will be hard, and at time to time I will have to vent, but in the end this is what I want. And really I’m not alone, if I need to talk I have all my friends from ait, Belgium, and here to help me out. With a little help from my fellow army wives I can do this. I’m so proud of my husband for sacrificing so much to provide for our family and I want him to know how much I love him. I am so happy that he is in my life and I am so happy that we are in the U.S. Army. We plan on retiring so this won’t be our last deployment… it’s just training for the future, longer deployments. Anyway enough rambling on. Just know that I am a proud army wife and I love our country.

3 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

I think the Army was a good decision for you and Chris. And even though you have your support out there, Ly and I still want to come out for a bit hopefully.

Shan31772 said...

It's a hard life but you make friends wherever you go and it is like one big family. This was a great opportunity for your family-take advantage of it!! It'll be rough for a while when Chris is gone but it'll be all worth it in the long run! Hang in there! :)

Tonya Williams said...

I don't know what we're going to do when Dewayne gets out. Maybe he'll just stay in forever because the real world scares me so much! It's so easy to make friends being an Army wife. Meeting you in Arizona is something I will always remember. We made that place rock! I've come to grasp that I will probably never connect with a friend like we did. We had fun just being us! What a fun time!! I love you Ames!