Saturday, May 09, 2009

why me??

Why can’t I freaking drive better??? I feel like SUCH an idiot. Last night I took Chris up to Ft. McPherson to leave on his deployment, and by time EVERYONE was getting there I decided that it would be best if I go. He was busy and I was getting really tired. Well a few minutes prior a big moving truck moved right behind my car to gather all the soldier’s equipment. And there was a truck parked right next to me. Well the thing I hate MOST about driving is backing up when I don’t have much room. I’m terrible at it. So as I started backing up I was filled with anxiety and had to stop the car. I jumped out and asked Chris to please back it out for me. He said I’d be fine and that he would stand behind me and direct me out. So I started back up and the anxiety got me and I turned a little sharp. So I was in a weird position to back out. Well Chris kept having to direct me out. He kept telling me to go back more, but the big truck was RIGHT THERE and I really didn’t want to hit it! I was pretty much freaking out. So I was complaing out thew window and he was trying to tell me what to do. Then I almost hit the truck. He told me to turn me wheel all the way and just back out and I’d be fine. I did it and I was fine. BUT because I was moving all jerky, and he was out there telling me what to do, all his friends were like laughing at me. This one guy him this disappointed face like, “Wow you married an idiot.” I felt terrible. I just drove away and then broke down. That was the last thing Chris saw me do… act like a dumb woman driver. I know I embarrassed him. I don’t know why he couldn’t have just backed out for me! I can’t believe I won’t see Chris for the next 3 to 6 months (depending on the surgeries) and the last thing he saw me do was make a complete fool out of myself… and HIM! I feel awful. I wish I could call him right now. I hate this so much. Why couldn’t we just have had an emotional loving goodbye full of hugs and kisses? We could whisper some sweet words of love and I’d be on my way. Why did I have to leave tired, moody, and so freaking out of it!

Uhh I want him home now. I want to start yesterday over.

4 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I am sorry this happened Amy. I wish I could do something to make it all better for you.

sixpickychicks said...

Amy - no one likes to be in the driving position you were in and the only safe thing to do was have Chris direct you. It certainly wouldn't have been worth the accident...then you really would have felt like and idiot. What you were was smart. You left with your vehicle intact and something to drive while Chris is gone. I know Chris doesn't think you are an idiot. He and all involved were as stressed as you. Good byes are never fun for anyone. We love you.

Shelbey said...

Chris loves you, girl. Don't be worried about the "last" memory he has of you. Y'all both have the rest of your lives to do silly things in front of each other. And as for that "friend" of his, you should tell Chris to put an armpit hair in his soup or something. What a jerk! Try not to stress over it, hun. Love you!

Kristen McD said...

I'd be willing to bet he's actually really proud of you for pushing through and getting it done - even though you hated it. The last thing he saw you do before he left to be brave is be brave yourself. That's pretty awesome.